Monday, March 30, 2020

Passover with My Wife, Rabbi Rose

My wife, Rabbi Rose Lyn Jacob, is used to making a Seder t least one night, and spending the other, perhaps, with her brother. In this year of the plague, the world is turned upside down, and she has responded, as she often does, in verse:
With Passover just around the corner...I turned to one of my most trusted doctors, Dr. Seuss. The good doctor (of blessed memory) gave me these words to share on social distancing during Passover:
I do not want you in my house
I do not want you or your spouse
I do not wish to eat with you
At Seder one or Seder two!
Don't get me wrong, I think you're nice
But the CDC gave out this advice,
"Ten Plagues are enough, you don't need one more
Turn Elijah away if he shows up at your  door"
This year's only guests: Father, mother, sister, brother. NEXT YEAR in Jerusalem! We will say to each other.
From now on at each Seder, this story we'll tell,
Of how God saved his people with a squirt of PURELL!
She is a fabulous cook, so I answered her:
Sorta brilliant!
Sorta cool!
I think you are,
A poetic Jewel.
I like you lots,
Like how you cook,
I'd eat your food,
Even in a nook.
I love your food,
How much would I eat?
Why I'd eat lotsa,
Even with matzoh!


No comments:

Post a Comment